Sunday, September 26, 2010

Birds and Backdrops

In evaluating my photos, I sometimes have to draw the proverbial line between the raw depiction of the bird, itself, and the overall aesthetic quality of the photo. I must accept the fact that I do not own one of those expensive cameras with attachments that can produce really good closeups, even at a distance. In this respect, I simply do not have tight control of the outcome.
On the plus side, given a scenic backdrop, the "aesthetic" outcome that is acheived often surpasses the pedestrian result of producing an awesome closeup of a particular bird. In the cases shown below, the virtue of the photo has as much to do with the splendor of the setting as it does with the stylish elegance of the wading bird, itself.


***

***

***

***

***

Voila!
*********************************

Adieu !

No comments:

Post a Comment